A Quiet Start to the Day

January 1, 2017

I'm pleased to type those words. As I said in a past post, never have I looked so forward to turning the page on the calendar. 2016 is behind us now. It's time to look ahead. My goals this year include getting back into shape after extreme heat prevented me from walking and riding my bike this past summer and fall. We're moving the treadmill into the living room so I have no excuse to avoid exercise.

Another goal is to finish final edits on a novella that will be released in a collection this summer. More on that later.

Today, thanks to colds we caught last week and rain in the forecast, my husband and I are spending a quiet day indoors. As he watches the latest Netflix DVD, I'm knitting a hat. Another goal for 2017 is to either use all the yarn I have stashed around the house or give it away. Let's see what I can come up with.

Happy New Year, my friend. I hope it's a great one.