How Much Time Has Passed?

I signed on to make a comment on a friend's blog and noticed I haven't published a post since early February. I do wish Blooger could update their app. It would make posting so much easier.

I've been keeping busy though. Last month, after shreddding all my story notes and proclaiming myself content with what I've written, I opened an old manuscript and began revising it. It was quite a  fixer-upper and I'll post more about it on my author blog, but I thoroughly enjoyed the revision process. The story that emerged after the rewrite exceeded my expectations.

Unfortunately, when I'm immersed in writing, I can't focus on reading, and I left the Plantagenets at the death of Longshanks. I'll pick up where I left off after the novel is finished. I can knit, however, and I've been working on socks. In the past, I couldn't get the hang of using sock yarn and size 2 needles—the sock turned out small and dense. After relaxing my hands almost to the point where the needles fell out, I accomplished my goal.


I'm not a fan of the flap and gusset heel though and am trying to learn another method. On my next try, I'll attempt the short-row heel. We'll see how that turns out.