Character Sketches

My 2x great grandfather
I've spent years researching my family history, finding ancestors and solving family mysteries. While I can glean some facts about my direct ancestors--where they were born, where they lived, their occupations as they settled lands in various southern states--I know little about them. That is, their appearance, their likes and dislikes, what talents they had, and what their character was like. That information has been lost to time.

I journal at times, but I only include details about what my family and I do, and what's going on in our lives. Since this has been on my mind lately, I've decided to include in my journals character sketches about myself and family members, so if my journals do survive the years, my grandchildren, their children, and their children will know who we are, where we've been, and why their "Papa" went into the ministry.

Do you have plans to pass down information about yourself and your family to your descendants? If so, how will you go about doing that?