The Lost Colony: John White’s Journal

As I mentioned in a previous post, I began to question my previous conclusion of the fate of the Roanoke Island Lost Colony. The source of my doubts was John White’s behavior during his 1590 search for the colonists and his eventual abandonment of a group that included his only daughter and granddaughter. Further research was needed. One of the sources I used was John White’s journal of his final trip to Roanoke Island in 1590: 

http://nationalhumanitiescenter.org/pds/amerbegin/exploration/text6/white.pdf

Some details, while not quite answering my questions, swayed me into keeping an open mind as to the reasons White and company left without stopping at Croatoan. Other details confirmed the direction of my suspicions. Read it for yourselves a few times. Take notes.