A Time For Everything

So much can happen in a short amount of time. Since my last post, my aunt, a woman I considered to be the matriarch of our family, passed away. She was more mother to me than my own, and while I know she would rather be with her Lord than living in a nursing home, as she was on the verge of doing, I miss her. Several times since her passing, I nearly picked up the phone and called the number she had for at least five decades. 

We're not grieving in the normal sense. She wouldn't want it. Instead, there is an emptiness and the sharing of humorous stories. One daughter talked of her round bed. The other, her burnt orange carpet and her "rocking 70's decor." When I broke the news to my girls, I told them Nan, as we called her, and Aunt Madeline (her sister) are now fighting in heaven.

I can hear Nan laughing over that.