Star Trek Beyond

There are few movies that will coax me into theaters these days, but Star Trek is one of them. 

The third movie in the rebooted franchise may be better than the second, Out of Darkness. True, there's less actual story, but what is there is quality material packed with the humor and humanity typical of the series. Friendships are strengthened and new ones forged, all while keeping with the spirit of the original series (loved the homage paid to that and to the original crew.)

I would say more but I don't want to rob anyone of the experience of walking into a theater completely unaware as we did. My palms were sweating during a few tense scenes and I'm pretty sure hot flashes weren't to blame. 

At the end of the movie, stay for the credits. You won't find a brief clip at the end, but you will see the dedication to Leonard Nimoy and Anton Yelchin. Spectacular cinematography makes the wait worth it. Half the audience stayed to watch it at the showing we attended, as did we. 

I can't wait until the movie is released on DVD.