Family Ties II

As I mentioned in my last post, I recently connected with a third cousin and learned more about that side of my family.

It seems to be the month for discovering information I thought had died with previous generations. Thanks to a member of my genealogy group posting a link to archived newspapers, I learned the name of the man who killed my great grandfather in the line mentioned above. The articles used the word killed instead of murdered as was used in other articles pertaining to criminal cases, which I found interesting. That seems to indicate an accidental killing, but I won't know for certain until I receive the files on the trial.

I ordered the files after a member of the aforementioned genealogy group pointed out case files from that time period were available through the state archive. Hopefully there's enough left after 116 years to give me insight into my great grandfather's death and the motivation of the man who killed him.

Details to come as soon as I get them.