Update on 2019 Goals

I realize we're only halfway through the month, but this is the point where many of the well intended begin to waver in their yearly resolutions. So how am I doing? Here's an update on goals I mentioned in my 2019 Goals post and a few I omitted in that post.

The flute. As I mentioned in my 2019 Goals post, I slacked off on practicing my flute. Since picking it up on New Year's Day, my tone has significantly improved, as has my ability to sight-read music. I still mix up the E and F notes on occasion, but it's getting better.

As I mentioned in my One-Flat Life post, after initially learning how to play the flute a few years back, I began to avoid notes and keys I found difficult. Instead of avoiding those, I now focus on them while practicing scales and flute exercises.

Learn French. A few years ago, I downloaded the Duolingo app to my phone and began practicing French. When it comes to languages, I'm accustomed to a systematic form of learning, so the seemingly random aspect of Duolingo was, for me, confusing. I eventually abandoned the app in the hopes of finding a class.

However, months and even a year later, I could still recall much of the material covered, so I downloaded the app again. Duolingo has upgraded since that time. While the information  presented still seems random to me, they've improved the system and now provide levels for each section, insuring the student is more proficient in that subject before moving on.

I still need some systematic study, so I purchased a workbook online and am working on verb conjugation.

I intend to practice both flute and French daily, even for a few minutes. In order to learn, my efforts must become a daily habit.

Clean as I go is working out well. My husband has been infected by the bug too, and we're accomplishing more around the house.

Two goals I didn't mention in my 2019 Goals post is my and my husband's intention to read through the bulk of the scripture again this year. Using a plan available through my Olive Tree app, we're almost finished with Genesis. That said, we feel it has taken too long to get through that book, so there will be days that we'll double up on reading, particularly with long books.

My last goal for 2019 is to cook decent meals. To this end, I purchased an Instant Pot. Read my post on that device to see how it's turning this bad cook into a kitchen ninja.

That's it for now. From this point on, I'll post monthly updates. I hope you're able to stick with your goals as well.

___________________

According to Bing Images, all images in this post have been granted a Creative Commons license. If the owner feels their copyright has been abused, please leave a message and I'll remove them.