A Trip to Western NC

Friends often comment on our comings and goings, and during our recent trip, one asked, "Where is Kimberli now?" What most don't realize is that we live in the rural country in the midst of farmland. For people who enjoy being on the go and who also love the outdoors, comings and goings are essential, even if the long drive does exhaust us.

But this past week, we took a real vacation. A check-into-alternate-lodging-and-stay-an-entire-week vacation. Not driving five or six hours one way, spending one day trying to get in as much as we can, and then backtracking the next. It was grand, and we had a great time in Bryson City hiking and biking the roads and trails there.

I'm still sorting through photos, though I only took 249 for the week. I plan to have at least one post up on Carolina Towns and Trails this week, and after I work on my novel, I'll write a few more.

Hint, our trip involved encounters with elk, a bear, and a young man climbing up, then slipping down, a waterfall.

Oconaluftee River, Great Smoky Mountains, Copyright KBuffaloe