From One Flat to Six

If you read my A One Flat Life post, you'll know I decided it was time to stop living the easy life of the rural hermit I had become after moving to a rural region, and allow myself to tackle a few more difficult tasks, like playing more difficult songs on my flute and going out and talking to people (we all know the former can be far easier than the latter.) I preferred to play songs with one flat because it was easier, but it limited the songs I could play. I preferred being a hermit because, well, people.

Remember the old saying, "be careful what you ask for?" Our pianists asked me to accompany her and the choir on two songs for Easter. One is easy-peezy. I just need to know where to jump in. The other? It has two key changes, and one of those keys has six flats.

Six. Flats. I didn't even know what one note was and had to ask (FYI, a G flat is the same as an F sharp.)

It's a beautiful song though. I found the version we're playing on Youtube.


The non-hermiting aspect is going well. Much easier since I cut back on social media. We don't all need to be in each other's face every day. In fact, I've lost respect for a lot of people after seeing an ugly side of them I would have rather not seen.We have inhibitions and filters for a reason. We need to start using them again.